Additionally Noted ...
Your E-mail Becomes Ours: Piper Fogg,"Paper Trail," Chronicle of Higher Education, 15 July, (subscriber only) looks into the fun and games in the history department at the University of Georgia. It's what happens when one member of the department seeks to persuade it to hire his wife who is at UCLA. When that doesn't happen, he uses the state's"sunshine law" to recover the e-mail exchanges of some of his colleagues who he believes sabotaged the effort. Now, selected e-mails illustrate this article. The professor and his wife will be leaving UCLA and UGA next year for positions at the University of British Columbia.
Nominations: Caleb McDaniel will host the 12th History Carnival at Mode for Caleb on 15 July. Give the guy a break. It's not as if he doesn't have anything else to do. Send your nominations of the best posts in history blogging that have appeared since 1 July to calebmcd*at*gmail*dot*com.
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening