Additionally Noted ...
Your E-mail Becomes Ours: Piper Fogg,"Paper Trail," Chronicle of Higher Education, 15 July, (subscriber only) looks into the fun and games in the history department at the University of Georgia. It's what happens when one member of the department seeks to persuade it to hire his wife who is at UCLA. When that doesn't happen, he uses the state's"sunshine law" to recover the e-mail exchanges of some of his colleagues who he believes sabotaged the effort. Now, selected e-mails illustrate this article. The professor and his wife will be leaving UCLA and UGA next year for positions at the University of British Columbia.
Nominations: Caleb McDaniel will host the 12th History Carnival at Mode for Caleb on 15 July. Give the guy a break. It's not as if he doesn't have anything else to do. Send your nominations of the best posts in history blogging that have appeared since 1 July to calebmcd*at*gmail*dot*com.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history