Additionally Noted ...
Your E-mail Becomes Ours: Piper Fogg,"Paper Trail," Chronicle of Higher Education, 15 July, (subscriber only) looks into the fun and games in the history department at the University of Georgia. It's what happens when one member of the department seeks to persuade it to hire his wife who is at UCLA. When that doesn't happen, he uses the state's"sunshine law" to recover the e-mail exchanges of some of his colleagues who he believes sabotaged the effort. Now, selected e-mails illustrate this article. The professor and his wife will be leaving UCLA and UGA next year for positions at the University of British Columbia.
Nominations: Caleb McDaniel will host the 12th History Carnival at Mode for Caleb on 15 July. Give the guy a break. It's not as if he doesn't have anything else to do. Send your nominations of the best posts in history blogging that have appeared since 1 July to calebmcd*at*gmail*dot*com.
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project