Additionally Noted ...
Your E-mail Becomes Ours: Piper Fogg,"Paper Trail," Chronicle of Higher Education, 15 July, (subscriber only) looks into the fun and games in the history department at the University of Georgia. It's what happens when one member of the department seeks to persuade it to hire his wife who is at UCLA. When that doesn't happen, he uses the state's"sunshine law" to recover the e-mail exchanges of some of his colleagues who he believes sabotaged the effort. Now, selected e-mails illustrate this article. The professor and his wife will be leaving UCLA and UGA next year for positions at the University of British Columbia.
Nominations: Caleb McDaniel will host the 12th History Carnival at Mode for Caleb on 15 July. Give the guy a break. It's not as if he doesn't have anything else to do. Send your nominations of the best posts in history blogging that have appeared since 1 July to calebmcd*at*gmail*dot*com.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond