Week of August 16, 2010
#1 Samuel Moyn: Human Rights in History
#2 Simon Schama: Obama's Brave Remarks Reveal a True Patriot
#3 Andrew J. Bacevich: Presidents Flying Blind
#4 Arthur Herman: The Re-Hollowing of the Military
#5 Allan Lichtman: Another Chance for Same-Sex Marriage
#6 Jim Sleeper: Grand Strategic Failure
#7 Alex Epstein: Obama Follows Nixon On Oil Spills
#8 Hannah Gurman: The Iraq Withdrawal: An Orwellian Success
#9 Dore Gold: Debunking the Myth That Israel Is a Colonialist State
#10 Michael Klarman: Is Public Opinion on Gay Marriage Ahead of the Supreme Court's?
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing