Recent History Notes
Fergus Fleming,"England Made Them," Literary Review, August, reviews Jeremy Lewis's Shades of Greene: One Generation of an English Family.
John Summers,"What Politics Does to History," The Book, 19 July, reviewed Carl Mirra's The Admirable Radical: Staughton Lynd and Cold War Dissent, 1945–1970. In"The Battle Over Radical History," TNR, 4 August, Lynd, Mirra, and Summers reply.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit