Recent History Notes
Fergus Fleming,"England Made Them," Literary Review, August, reviews Jeremy Lewis's Shades of Greene: One Generation of an English Family.
John Summers,"What Politics Does to History," The Book, 19 July, reviewed Carl Mirra's The Admirable Radical: Staughton Lynd and Cold War Dissent, 1945–1970. In"The Battle Over Radical History," TNR, 4 August, Lynd, Mirra, and Summers reply.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"