Recent History Notes
Fergus Fleming,"England Made Them," Literary Review, August, reviews Jeremy Lewis's Shades of Greene: One Generation of an English Family.
John Summers,"What Politics Does to History," The Book, 19 July, reviewed Carl Mirra's The Admirable Radical: Staughton Lynd and Cold War Dissent, 1945–1970. In"The Battle Over Radical History," TNR, 4 August, Lynd, Mirra, and Summers reply.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests