Recent History Notes
Fergus Fleming,"England Made Them," Literary Review, August, reviews Jeremy Lewis's Shades of Greene: One Generation of an English Family.
John Summers,"What Politics Does to History," The Book, 19 July, reviewed Carl Mirra's The Admirable Radical: Staughton Lynd and Cold War Dissent, 1945–1970. In"The Battle Over Radical History," TNR, 4 August, Lynd, Mirra, and Summers reply.
comments powered by Disqus
- On Time-Lapse Rocket Ride to Trade Center’s Top, Glimpse of Doomed Tower
- Turkish Premier Says European Stance on Armenian Genocide Reflects Racism
- Ben Affleck Asked PBS to Not Reveal Slave-Owning Ancestor
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Historian Jack Ross says the Socialist Party was the most important third party of the 20th century
- Mourning a People’s Historian: Michael Mizell-Nelson
- Robert V. Hine dies at 93; historian wrote of losing, regaining sight
- Historicizing Ferguson: Police Violence and the Genesis of a National Movement
- Historians as Public Intellectuals