A Christopher Hill symposium:
Isaac Chotiner,"An Opiate of the People," NYT, 11 July, reviews Elizabeth Abbott's Sugar: A Bittersweet History.
Ben Downing,"Love's Pestilence," NYT, 11 July, reviews Daisy Hay's Young Romantics: The Tangled Lives of English Poetry's Greatest Generation.
Wendy Smith reviews Kevin Starr's Golden Gate: The Life and Times of America's Greatest Bridge and Michael Hiltzik's Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century for the LA Times, 11 July.
Michael Sims reviews Robert Stevens's Yvon's Paris and Graham Robb's Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris for the Washington Post, 9 July.
comments powered by Disqus
- Egyptian ‘Mona Lisa’ A Fake
- The Story Behind ‘Woman in Gold’: Nazi Art Thieves and One Painting’s Return
- Scott Walker, Allergic to Dogs, May Run Against Political History
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Joan Waugh on Grant's and Lee's 'gentlemen's agreement' ending the Civil War
- Charlatan or Sage? Contested Legacy of the late Dr. Ben, a Father of African Studies
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science