A Christopher Hill symposium:
Isaac Chotiner,"An Opiate of the People," NYT, 11 July, reviews Elizabeth Abbott's Sugar: A Bittersweet History.
Ben Downing,"Love's Pestilence," NYT, 11 July, reviews Daisy Hay's Young Romantics: The Tangled Lives of English Poetry's Greatest Generation.
Wendy Smith reviews Kevin Starr's Golden Gate: The Life and Times of America's Greatest Bridge and Michael Hiltzik's Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century for the LA Times, 11 July.
Michael Sims reviews Robert Stevens's Yvon's Paris and Graham Robb's Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris for the Washington Post, 9 July.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools