Quotes of the Day
—Duncan Hunter (R-CA), Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, yesterday on Meet the Press.
"[I]n that simple phrase," observes my mentor and fellow H.N.N. blogger Chris Matthew Sciabarra,"Hunter has summarized one of the crucial constructivist principles at the foundation of the Bush administration's stated neo-Wilsonian initiative in the Middle East."
—Harry Truman, on Tom Clark, who he appointed to the Supreme Court and who later voted against his seizure of the steel industry to avert a strike.
Postscript (7/5/05): “Everyone has a right to be stupid, but Comrade Macdonald abuses the privilege.”
—Leon Trotsky, reportedly referring to the New York intellectual Dwight Macdonald.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past