Quotes of the Day
—Duncan Hunter (R-CA), Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, yesterday on Meet the Press.
"[I]n that simple phrase," observes my mentor and fellow H.N.N. blogger Chris Matthew Sciabarra,"Hunter has summarized one of the crucial constructivist principles at the foundation of the Bush administration's stated neo-Wilsonian initiative in the Middle East."
—Harry Truman, on Tom Clark, who he appointed to the Supreme Court and who later voted against his seizure of the steel industry to avert a strike.
Postscript (7/5/05): “Everyone has a right to be stupid, but Comrade Macdonald abuses the privilege.”
—Leon Trotsky, reportedly referring to the New York intellectual Dwight Macdonald.
comments powered by Disqus
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit