This Is Why Communists Shoot Rich People
Private payrolls came in at a mere 41,000 today, people are suffering from the mess the Fed has wrought, and there’s plenty of charities that could have been funded with the saline pool landscaped into the backyard. So all my Irish Catholic brain could latch on to as my eyes feasted on a sweeping foyer of Italian and French marble was Matthew 19:24 -"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
I grant that this couple, even if they deserve a medal for self-absorption, has every right to do as they please with their property. They earned it, they were in the field picking away, not I. I grant, too, that this couple probably has their useful part to play in God’s Unfathomable Plan, maybe to be a prime example of an important lesson.
One can be pure white trash, 30,000 square foot, 12-bedroom manse or no.
comments powered by Disqus
Rick Croley - 6/8/2010
See, I was picturing all the carpenters, plumbers, electricians and other craftsmen who earned tons of money doing their part in building that monstrosity. As an artist who strongly opposes public funding of the arts, I have to say I love rich people and their need to "show off". Poor people don't buy art.
Seriously though, I just can't seem to work up any passion about them one way or the other. Now, if they are out preaching about the rest of us needing to be more environmentally conscientious a la Mr. Gore, I might get a little hot under the collar.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments