AM. OFFICER IN WEST BAGHDAD: "WE CAPTURE ONE OR TWO TERRORISTS IN 6 MONTHS"
It appears in an article entitled"Sunni feel the full force of lightning strike" the Financial Times as an example of the judicious manner in which a US oficer upraided his Iraqi counterpart.
The article complains about the sweep Iraqi forces conducted in the Sunni region of the capital in which 474 were arrested and only 22 would be referred to trial in part for shortage of jail space and judges.
I am not what is more shocking that the American officer was proud of his failure to identify insurgents or of the FT's response to the sweep. They advertize the article in the front page thus:
Persecution and torture are no cause for celebration.
It's contempt for the victims of the insurgency are expressed by the placement fo the murder of 78 year old parliament member Dhari Ali al-Fayadh in the last paragraph of the story.
An Iraqi - Israeli entente is the greatest Arab fear. Nothing will promote it more than Iraqi realization that both countries suffer from the same cavalier attitude of the media and the so called sophisticates to the victims of terror.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize