AM. OFFICER IN WEST BAGHDAD: "WE CAPTURE ONE OR TWO TERRORISTS IN 6 MONTHS"
It appears in an article entitled"Sunni feel the full force of lightning strike" the Financial Times as an example of the judicious manner in which a US oficer upraided his Iraqi counterpart.
The article complains about the sweep Iraqi forces conducted in the Sunni region of the capital in which 474 were arrested and only 22 would be referred to trial in part for shortage of jail space and judges.
I am not what is more shocking that the American officer was proud of his failure to identify insurgents or of the FT's response to the sweep. They advertize the article in the front page thus:
Persecution and torture are no cause for celebration.
It's contempt for the victims of the insurgency are expressed by the placement fo the murder of 78 year old parliament member Dhari Ali al-Fayadh in the last paragraph of the story.
An Iraqi - Israeli entente is the greatest Arab fear. Nothing will promote it more than Iraqi realization that both countries suffer from the same cavalier attitude of the media and the so called sophisticates to the victims of terror.
comments powered by Disqus
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller