AM. OFFICER IN WEST BAGHDAD: "WE CAPTURE ONE OR TWO TERRORISTS IN 6 MONTHS"
It appears in an article entitled"Sunni feel the full force of lightning strike" the Financial Times as an example of the judicious manner in which a US oficer upraided his Iraqi counterpart.
The article complains about the sweep Iraqi forces conducted in the Sunni region of the capital in which 474 were arrested and only 22 would be referred to trial in part for shortage of jail space and judges.
I am not what is more shocking that the American officer was proud of his failure to identify insurgents or of the FT's response to the sweep. They advertize the article in the front page thus:
Persecution and torture are no cause for celebration.
It's contempt for the victims of the insurgency are expressed by the placement fo the murder of 78 year old parliament member Dhari Ali al-Fayadh in the last paragraph of the story.
An Iraqi - Israeli entente is the greatest Arab fear. Nothing will promote it more than Iraqi realization that both countries suffer from the same cavalier attitude of the media and the so called sophisticates to the victims of terror.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"