AM. OFFICER IN WEST BAGHDAD: "WE CAPTURE ONE OR TWO TERRORISTS IN 6 MONTHS"
It appears in an article entitled"Sunni feel the full force of lightning strike" the Financial Times as an example of the judicious manner in which a US oficer upraided his Iraqi counterpart.
The article complains about the sweep Iraqi forces conducted in the Sunni region of the capital in which 474 were arrested and only 22 would be referred to trial in part for shortage of jail space and judges.
I am not what is more shocking that the American officer was proud of his failure to identify insurgents or of the FT's response to the sweep. They advertize the article in the front page thus:
Persecution and torture are no cause for celebration.
It's contempt for the victims of the insurgency are expressed by the placement fo the murder of 78 year old parliament member Dhari Ali al-Fayadh in the last paragraph of the story.
An Iraqi - Israeli entente is the greatest Arab fear. Nothing will promote it more than Iraqi realization that both countries suffer from the same cavalier attitude of the media and the so called sophisticates to the victims of terror.
comments powered by Disqus
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit