AM. OFFICER IN WEST BAGHDAD: "WE CAPTURE ONE OR TWO TERRORISTS IN 6 MONTHS"
It appears in an article entitled"Sunni feel the full force of lightning strike" the Financial Times as an example of the judicious manner in which a US oficer upraided his Iraqi counterpart.
The article complains about the sweep Iraqi forces conducted in the Sunni region of the capital in which 474 were arrested and only 22 would be referred to trial in part for shortage of jail space and judges.
I am not what is more shocking that the American officer was proud of his failure to identify insurgents or of the FT's response to the sweep. They advertize the article in the front page thus:
Persecution and torture are no cause for celebration.
It's contempt for the victims of the insurgency are expressed by the placement fo the murder of 78 year old parliament member Dhari Ali al-Fayadh in the last paragraph of the story.
An Iraqi - Israeli entente is the greatest Arab fear. Nothing will promote it more than Iraqi realization that both countries suffer from the same cavalier attitude of the media and the so called sophisticates to the victims of terror.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea