Video of Missouri SWAT Raid (Pets Killed With Children Present)
Radley Balko describes what happened:
SWAT team breaks into home, fires seven rounds at family’s pit bull and corgi (?!) as a seven-year-old looks on.
They found a “small amount” of marijuana, enough for a misdemeanor charge. The parents were then charged with child endangerment.
So smoking pot = “child endangerment.” Storming a home with guns, then firing bullets into the family pets as a child looks on = necessary police procedures to ensure everyone’s safety.
Just so we’re clear.
comments powered by Disqus
C.J. Maloney - 5/8/2010
I am shocked that a raid on an Iraqi terrorist's home was filmed and released...oh, sorry, this is from the land of the free.
Rick Croley - 5/8/2010
It looks to me like the police were filming the raid themselves, ironically, probably for training purposes. The way the camera guy moves into the house and concentrates on how the team handled the family makes me think this is what was taking place. Then one of them had to have released it onto the internet, either thinking this needed to be exposed or in complete ignorance of how outraged people would be over the incident. Troubling either way.
Javier Ramirez - 5/8/2010
The clip I want people to watch is only from 1:30 to about 2:40 but the whole video is worth watching.
Javier Ramirez - 5/8/2010
Dr Higgs you are one of the few couragous people talking about the fascist state we live in.
BTW this video of these Missouri fascist SS stormtroopers is exactly what movie director Terry Gilliam depicted some time ago. He and Orwell were spot on.
I want anyone to watch this clip starting at around 1:30 and dare tell me we are not there yet. I'll call you all liars to your face.
William J. Stepp - 5/6/2010
I wonder who took the video of this event? In New York, someone taking a mere picture of a cop arresting someone, even a legitimate arrest, runs the risk of having his camera (or phone) confiscated, and possibly of being taken into custody, as Clayton Patterson was not too long ago on Manhattan's lower east side when he had the temerity to snap a picture of an arrest.
Today's Wall Street Journal has an article, p. A23, about "Suits Against Police on the Rise." Another article, which I can't find, was about a series of recent robberies of small businesses in the Bronx. The cops said to one business owner to get his own protection, so he hired a security guard, probably at no small expense. The businessman was quoted asking what the purpose of having cops is anyway? (One answer: to keep business humming at donut shops.)
I've always loathed the pigs, but never more so than when five of them arrested me in August 2006 after I defended myself against a knife-wielding attacker. In Texas I might have been given a medal, but here in the PRoNY I spent a bit of time in the pokey. The cops made me toss my blood-stained reading matter (and evidence) in the trash, which my lawyer said was patently illegal. They also lied to me when they said they'd interview witnesses, and then didn't.
My neighbor, a lawyer, said that this sort of stuff happens all the time here. He also said that some victims of violent crime exact street justice because they know of the terrible reputation of the cops and the courts, and the fact that they might be further victimized if they go through the "system," as I did.
(My follow up experience with the court was about as bad.)
Robert Higgs - 5/6/2010
Why, when I make reference to our living in a police state, do some people look at me as if I were speaking gibberish? Am I inhabiting a universe separate and apart from theirs? Can any decent person not fear and hate the police?
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges