President Worship by Journalists in 1945 and Now
One of the news reports ironically concluded that the country was in safe hands because Harry S. Truman was the"second best informed" person about the war. Of course, later historians, and Truman himself, have noted that a dying Roosevelt kept his veep almost completely in the dark about the progress of the war.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight