Anarchists for Big Government
If the tea party movement takes over this country they will really hurt poor people by getting rid of social programs like food stamps, unemployment benefits, disability benefits, student aid, free health care, etc
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 4/2/2010
They are really socialists or Marxists or some sort. For some reason, however, they embrace a word which means rejection of government.
David T. Beito - 4/2/2010
Why do they even bother calling themselves anarchists?
Aeon J. Skoble - 4/2/2010
Yes, because I've pointed out a zillion times, labels mean nothing; these people are not even close to libertarianism, and not connected to what you or I would call anarchism. The fact that people use the l-word or the a-word doesn't mean they're actually committed to liberty, and the fact someone agrees with you about 2 or 3 issues doesn't make them allies if they disagree with you about 15 others, and in fact despise the underlying principles which have generated your positions.
Sean Hollad - 4/2/2010
You would think that true anarchists would find allies among those trying to restrict the size and scope of government. The idea that anarchists should be defending the state is insane on the face of it.
chris l pettit - 4/2/2010
except of course that Social Security is in no danger of collapse, as has been illustrated by Dean Baker, Neil Buchanan and countless other economists. The health care system is in danger because of private insurers and the problematic regulatory systems in place currently.
"milk them"...while no doubt there are those who do "milk" the system (and should be cut off), the majority of people served by these systems are fully deserving of their benefits.
Common sense? I think not...
Common Sense - 4/2/2010
Good observation. Regarding these claims by supposed "anarchists," I do not think the TBs would be against disability and related programs like social security or Medicare as many of them appear to be on those welfare roles already, and might be the last generation to milk them before those systems collapse or are sharply reduced.
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich