OBAMA TO LOSE ARABS TO PUTIN
In a message sent to the 22nd Summit of Arab Leaders that kicked off on Saturday in Sirt, Libya, President Medvedev expressed hope that an international conference on the Middle East could be held in Moscow with a view to resuming the negotiating process.
According to his letter that was broadcasted from the presidency website, he hoped that the Arab nations will contribute to the ongoing efforts in order to hold the international conference on the Middle East in Moscow that aims to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian peace talks as well as achieve progress on the Syrian-Lebanese tracks with Israel. Medvedev called Arab nations to support the conference.
On the Iranian file, he stressed the importance of solving the nuclear issue through diplomatic solutions, but did not rule out the use of additional sanctions.
He stressed that sanctions would not be against civilians in Iran.
May I suggest that the United States would be silly, indeed, to sacrifice or weaken its sole real strategic Middle East asset, Israel. With Russia back in the game, she is more valuable than ever.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian