OBAMA TO LOSE ARABS TO PUTIN
In a message sent to the 22nd Summit of Arab Leaders that kicked off on Saturday in Sirt, Libya, President Medvedev expressed hope that an international conference on the Middle East could be held in Moscow with a view to resuming the negotiating process.
According to his letter that was broadcasted from the presidency website, he hoped that the Arab nations will contribute to the ongoing efforts in order to hold the international conference on the Middle East in Moscow that aims to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian peace talks as well as achieve progress on the Syrian-Lebanese tracks with Israel. Medvedev called Arab nations to support the conference.
On the Iranian file, he stressed the importance of solving the nuclear issue through diplomatic solutions, but did not rule out the use of additional sanctions.
He stressed that sanctions would not be against civilians in Iran.
May I suggest that the United States would be silly, indeed, to sacrifice or weaken its sole real strategic Middle East asset, Israel. With Russia back in the game, she is more valuable than ever.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests