comments powered by Disqus
Arnold Shcherban - 6/17/2005
Is your imagination so bleak that you should always
characterize actions of any public figure, especially such a shrewd BUSINESSMAN, as Murdoch, in ideological terms?
That's the whole thing about capitalists: they are profit makers, above all!
The ideology has always been the secondary, derivative thing to them.
Matthew Humphreys - 6/17/2005
Why is it so surprising?
I suspect all the lefty claptrap about Murdoch controlling his papers is just that - claptrap. The guy's a libertarian, not a conservative.
William Marina - 6/16/2005
I noticed that also, and, as I recall, at least one Brit news source did as well.
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service