comments powered by Disqus
Arnold Shcherban - 6/17/2005
Is your imagination so bleak that you should always
characterize actions of any public figure, especially such a shrewd BUSINESSMAN, as Murdoch, in ideological terms?
That's the whole thing about capitalists: they are profit makers, above all!
The ideology has always been the secondary, derivative thing to them.
Matthew Humphreys - 6/17/2005
Why is it so surprising?
I suspect all the lefty claptrap about Murdoch controlling his papers is just that - claptrap. The guy's a libertarian, not a conservative.
William Marina - 6/16/2005
I noticed that also, and, as I recall, at least one Brit news source did as well.
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History