comments powered by Disqus
Arnold Shcherban - 6/17/2005
Is your imagination so bleak that you should always
characterize actions of any public figure, especially such a shrewd BUSINESSMAN, as Murdoch, in ideological terms?
That's the whole thing about capitalists: they are profit makers, above all!
The ideology has always been the secondary, derivative thing to them.
Matthew Humphreys - 6/17/2005
Why is it so surprising?
I suspect all the lefty claptrap about Murdoch controlling his papers is just that - claptrap. The guy's a libertarian, not a conservative.
William Marina - 6/16/2005
I noticed that also, and, as I recall, at least one Brit news source did as well.
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences