comments powered by Disqus
Arnold Shcherban - 6/17/2005
Is your imagination so bleak that you should always
characterize actions of any public figure, especially such a shrewd BUSINESSMAN, as Murdoch, in ideological terms?
That's the whole thing about capitalists: they are profit makers, above all!
The ideology has always been the secondary, derivative thing to them.
Matthew Humphreys - 6/17/2005
Why is it so surprising?
I suspect all the lefty claptrap about Murdoch controlling his papers is just that - claptrap. The guy's a libertarian, not a conservative.
William Marina - 6/16/2005
I noticed that also, and, as I recall, at least one Brit news source did as well.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Has one of Sally Hemings’s siblings been neglected by history unfairly?
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- Israeli historian Yair Auron lays out details of a massacre in 1948