HILLARY BACKS DOWN
Clinton told reporters in Washington that the United States has an"absolute commitment to Israel's security" -- a shift in nuance compared with her characterization Friday of the United States as a"strong supporter" of Israel's security. She also hailed the" close, unshakable bond" between the two countries, in contrast to her comment Friday that"our relationship is durable and strong."
Such distinctions may seem minor, but they carry weight in the Middle East, where every line and comma is scrutinized. The office of Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu immediately issued a statement saying that Israel"appreciates and respects the warm words" from Clinton on"the deep bond between the U.S. and Israel, and on the U.S. commitment to Israel's security."
Netanyahu's brother in law can afford to be honest about Rev. Wright's protege, even if Bibi cannot:
In an interview with Israel Army Radio on Wednesday, Hagai Ben Artzi, the brother of Netanyahu's wife Sara, reportedly said:"it needs to be said clearly and simply: There is an anti-Semitic president in the US. It's not that Obama doesn't sympathize with [Mr. Netanyahu]. He doesn't sympathize with the people of Israel."
Netanyahu's office swifty published a condemnation:"I entirely reject the remarks of Hagai Ben Artzi."
comments powered by Disqus
- Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins
- Now Austria Says It Will Likely Redesign Hitler's House, Not Tear It Down
- Some looted Idlib National Museum artifacts resurface, fate of others a mystery amidst ‘thriving black market trade’
- Is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau constitutional?
- Poll: Millennials desperately need to bone up on the history of communism
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"
- Conservative historians against Trump sign a petition warning he'd be dangerous
- Benjamin H. Irvin Named OAH Executive Editor
- Historian Diana Ramey Berry praises effort to return the skull of Nat Turner to his family