Not So "Bizarre" After All: More on Bernanke, Paul, the Fed, and Watergate
Clearly, there were some very, very odd transactions that went down which may, or may not, have been abnormally facilitated by the Fed. Was this a normal Fed wire, or something more convoluted? My sense has always been that there was something a bit extraordinary about the way the funds went through the Fed system. It does smell, for sure, and to ask about it is not bizarre.
comments powered by Disqus
Bill Woolsey - 2/25/2010
I followed the links. Not very impressive.
Do you think that Paul is listening to Wenzel? I think it is troubling that Murphy and Ebeling are listed as contributors to Wenzel's blog.
Gee, the Fed had not answers about the currency found with the Watergate burglars? Where were you when libertarians were throwing a fit about government regulations requiring banks to report on any currency withdrawal over $10,000? How exactly was the Fed supposed to know who withdrew the money from which bank? What authority would they have to even ask the banks? Why would a bank keep records of the serial numbers of the currency their customer's withdrew? So they could be helpful to government investigators?
Does Wenzel really think that checks clearing through the Fed requires the personal intervention of the Chairman?
Fed bank examiners failed to catch a foreign bank lending to Saddam Hussein? This is a conspiracy?
The Fed has been doing so many wrong things. Why grasp at these conspiracy straws?
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity