More Noted Things
Jeffrey R. Young,"Yo, Ho, Ho, and a Digital Scrum," CHE, 21 February, features Adrian Johns's work in Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars From Gutenberg to Gates.
Sanford Levinson,"So Many Origins," The Book, 23 February, reviews Seth Lipsky's The Citizen's Constitution and Jack Rakove'sThe Annotated U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence.
Jonathan Yardley reviews James McGrath Morris's Pulitzer: A Life in Politics, Print, and Power for the Washington Post, 21 February.
Jacopo della Quercia,"The 5 Most Widely Believed WWII Facts (That Are Bullshit)," Cracked.com, 11 February, takes up the bad history challenge. Andrew Nagorski reviews S. M. Plokhy's Yalta: The Price of Peace for the Washington Post, 21 February.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis