More Noted Things
Jeffrey R. Young,"Yo, Ho, Ho, and a Digital Scrum," CHE, 21 February, features Adrian Johns's work in Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars From Gutenberg to Gates.
Sanford Levinson,"So Many Origins," The Book, 23 February, reviews Seth Lipsky's The Citizen's Constitution and Jack Rakove'sThe Annotated U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence.
Jonathan Yardley reviews James McGrath Morris's Pulitzer: A Life in Politics, Print, and Power for the Washington Post, 21 February.
Jacopo della Quercia,"The 5 Most Widely Believed WWII Facts (That Are Bullshit)," Cracked.com, 11 February, takes up the bad history challenge. Andrew Nagorski reviews S. M. Plokhy's Yalta: The Price of Peace for the Washington Post, 21 February.
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston