Glenn Greenwald on Libertarianism
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Sydney - 2/23/2010
As you say GG is one of the best on the web, but you aren't too bad yourself!
Robert Higgs - 2/22/2010
I enjoy Glenn Greenwald's columns. He has been one of the few writers on the left to maintain consistency in support of civil liberties, regardless of the party or the president who happens to be committing the crimes. Everything he says about the fake pro-freedom Republicans is true.
But let us not give Glenn too much credit. Libertarians have been making these observations from time immemorial. It is good that someone with Glenn's audience is speaking this way. But were the rest of us so obtuse that we could not make people see the point during the past forty years? Maybe so. Maybe we libertarians are simply such social misfits that we are incapable of communicating within the society whose lunatic fringe we occupy.
- Japan has asked joined suit filed at the US Supreme Court to remove "comfort women” statue in California
- American colleges are documenting their own history of entanglement with slavery
- Wow: Barack and Michelle Obama to be paid $60 million in book deal
- Betsy DeVos Press Release Celebrates Jim Crow Education System as Pioneer of “School Choice”
- Eisenhower Concluded Neither U.S. Military Operations Nor Popular Uprisings Were Feasible in Soviet-Controlled Eastern Europe, Despite “Rollback” Rhetoric
- Harvard President Drew Faust says the university is documenting its ties to slavery
- Mostafa el-Abbadi, Champion of Alexandria’s Resurrected Library, Dies at 88
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser