Milton Friedman Endorses Marijuana Report
The story later quotes the White House Office of Drug Control Policy as saying "most people in prison for marijuana are violent criminals, repeat offenders, traffickers or all of the above." Notice the sneaky way the ONDCP leads with the absolutely miniscule number of violent criminals who happened to have been arrested for marijuana offenses. Remember, the drug warriors have often asserted a cause and effect relationship between marijuana use and violence but they have never demonstrated it. Reefer Madness is like any other government program, tough to get rid of.
Hat Tip to Richard Lake
comments powered by Disqus
David Timothy Beito - 6/9/2005
He is also quite sensible on the Iraq war:
Gary McGath - 6/3/2005
But the mental image of all those purple marijuana users ("violet criminals") is just too wonderful.
David Timothy Beito - 6/3/2005
Thanks, I will be sure to put this on my office door and give my collegues an ever so brief moment of confusion.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean