Base Closings and Freedom
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 5/31/2005
Good comments Sheldon!
"The rub is that although the Bush administration wants to close the bases, it hasn't said it will cut spending."
Quite true. The base closings may not benefit the taxpayers directly, but if the bases are cleaned up from the environmental damages that the military has created on the sites, they can be sold to private interests which should benefit the local communities.
This has occurred in numerous places already. One that I observed directly was in San Pedro, California and the site became more useful than it has been in decades! Another that I am looking forward to obersving is the Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada. Land there has become a hot commodity and could be utilized in numerous ways.
Just a thought.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity