FIRST YEMENIS CAME FOR SOLDIERS, THEN CIVILIANS
Nothing rankles me more than the dichotomy between the urgency with which the Obama administration was forced to treat the thwarted attack on a passenger plane in which no one died and the equanimity with which the Obama administration got away with treating the terror attack in a recruiting office in Little Rock which left two soldiers dead and the terror attack in Fort Hood which left 13 soldiers dead. No major report was issued about the Little Rock incident and the report on Fort Hood was released after the on on the Christmas day plane attack. As both previous attacks were connected to Yemeni Jihadis, it is clear that prompt attention to the first two incidents would have prevented the third one.
So why was the blood of soldiers permitted? Why did the commander in chief care so little about the loss of 15 of those under his command? Why was there so little outrage media outrage about the killing of 15 young men who volunteered to serve the country? Is it because those were supposed to be Red State children whose parents did not vote for Obama?
All I know is that first they came for the soldiers but the sophisticated Obama administration and its sophisticated intelligence services could not care less. Indeed, the message sent to his underlings,including those working in our hapless intelligence services (yes, the know nothings who"informed" us that Iran stopped developing nuclear weapons) terror is minor issue which should be blamed on "lone wolves." More people die in traffic accidents. So be cool. David Brooks correctly bemoans American's distrust in this elitist administration:
The Obama administration is premised on the conviction that pragmatic federal leaders with professional expertise should have the power to implement programs to solve the country’s problems. Many Americans do not have faith in that sort of centralized expertise or in the political class generally.
The callous attitude of the professional/political class towards the murder of 15 American soldiers in their own homeland demonstrates that they have a good reason for that lack of faith. As a Commander in Chief, Barack Obama is a disgrace.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”