Another Old Picture
The core of the IHS staff at the time is down front: Walter Grinder, Leonard Liggio, John Blundell. In front fo the porch on the right are Randy Barnett, Sheldon Richman, Jeremy Shearmur, and Ralph Raico. Students there include, that I can identify, Roderick Long, Pete Boettke, Dave Prychitko, myself, and I believe that's Emily Chamlee-Wright between Pete and Dave. I think I also see John Majewski down front and maybe Todd Zywicki as well. Folks can feel free to correct me or add names that I've missed in the comments.
comments powered by Disqus
jo kwong - 1/12/2010
Some more possible names.
Last row from right to left are David Mayer, David Beito, Jo Kwong, Tom Palmer
The row with the "unknown women" are Andrea Salzburg, Sharon Kern (receptionist), ?Rosemary Boettke? and Margo Reeves.
I'll send the photo to Rosemary to see if that's her.
David T. Beito - 1/5/2010
And we drank buckets and buckets of coffee!
David N. Mayer - 1/4/2010
Just confirming that, indeed, it's David Beito and I (David Mayer) who are on the right side of the back row. 1987-88 was the year David and I were "post-doc" fellows at IHS. We had office space in the "cottage" (of the old IHS facility), along with Tom Palmer.
Steven Horwitz - 1/4/2010
I don't have any others folks.
David T. Beito - 1/4/2010
It would have to be 1989 (or earlier). I started at UNLV in the fall of 1989 and the picture was taken before I left.
Common Sense - 1/3/2010
Common Sense - 1/3/2010
Would appreciate it.
Dan Schmutter - 1/3/2010
Do you have a photo from 1988?
David T. Beito - 12/30/2009
I have this photo too. Two copies! Anne Hudson is sitting on John Blundell's left.
Elaine Hawley - 12/30/2009
Back row l-r (unknown, Larry White, Tom Palmer, perhaps Jo Kwong, David Beito, unknown)
3d row (ladies in front of Richman et al. (Andrea Salzburg- secretary, unknown, unknown, Margo Reeves-graphic artist.
The woman next to Pete doesn't look like Emily. It might be Catherine Valcke (Faculty of Law, University of Toronto) http://www.law.utoronto.ca/faculty_content.asp?itemPath=1/3/4/0/0&profile=56&cType=facMembers.
Once you get all the ID's, I would love it if you could you tag the names and send me a jpg for the IHS archive? Elaine Hawley (IHS librarian)
Common Sense - 12/30/2009
If that is Mayer top right, going to his right (our left) is, I think, David Beito, Jo Kwong, Tom Palmer, and just maybe Larry White. Is that Christine Blundell next to Walter? Is that Margo the art director in front of Ralph?
Steven Horwitz - 12/29/2009
Yup, Todd far left front row I think. And yes, that is David Mayer back there I think.
Also, it's not Emily C-W. It's Catherine Valcke (sp?) who was a Canadian law student.
Sheldon Richman - 12/29/2009
What a find! That is John Majewski, front right. Is Todd on the left? I think that's David Mayer, back row, right.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)