Yet Another Useless Bureaucrat
I sent her the following reply: Delegate Stern, How is another overpaid, paper shuffling, red tape creating bureaucrat going help to fight obesity? The money would be much better spent on basketballs. And, why is how much people weigh the government's business anyways? The purpose of government is to protect us from the force and fraud of others, not ourselves. You and your ilk are busily creating a society where every question is decided by the coercive force of the state and people have no more control over their own lives than slaves did in the Antebellum South. That is nothing to be proud of. Keith Halderman
comments powered by Disqus
Steve Johnson - 5/28/2005
I propose a libertarian corollary to Godwin's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law):
"As a discussion about liberty grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving antebellum slavery approaches one.
And, once such a comparison is made, the discussion is over, and whoever mentioned slavery has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)