Yet Another Useless Bureaucrat
I sent her the following reply: Delegate Stern, How is another overpaid, paper shuffling, red tape creating bureaucrat going help to fight obesity? The money would be much better spent on basketballs. And, why is how much people weigh the government's business anyways? The purpose of government is to protect us from the force and fraud of others, not ourselves. You and your ilk are busily creating a society where every question is decided by the coercive force of the state and people have no more control over their own lives than slaves did in the Antebellum South. That is nothing to be proud of. Keith Halderman
comments powered by Disqus
Steve Johnson - 5/28/2005
I propose a libertarian corollary to Godwin's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law):
"As a discussion about liberty grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving antebellum slavery approaches one.
And, once such a comparison is made, the discussion is over, and whoever mentioned slavery has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress.
- Historian Allan Lichtman who’s predicted 30 years of presidential elections correctly is doubling down on a Trump win
- National Book Award semifinalist Heather Ann Thompson says the war on crime started with LBJ
- David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history