Yet Another Useless Bureaucrat
I sent her the following reply: Delegate Stern, How is another overpaid, paper shuffling, red tape creating bureaucrat going help to fight obesity? The money would be much better spent on basketballs. And, why is how much people weigh the government's business anyways? The purpose of government is to protect us from the force and fraud of others, not ourselves. You and your ilk are busily creating a society where every question is decided by the coercive force of the state and people have no more control over their own lives than slaves did in the Antebellum South. That is nothing to be proud of. Keith Halderman
comments powered by Disqus
Steve Johnson - 5/28/2005
I propose a libertarian corollary to Godwin's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law):
"As a discussion about liberty grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving antebellum slavery approaches one.
And, once such a comparison is made, the discussion is over, and whoever mentioned slavery has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress.
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- McKinley's lost his mountain. Should we still remember his presidency?
- How the Black Panthers Fought to Make Black Lives Matter in the ’60s and ’70s
- Sanders, Trump et al: Partying Like It’s 1968
- Japanese historian upends the familiar narrative of WW 2 by taking a bottom up approach, focusing on fascism from the grassroots
- Holocaust-denying historian David Irving organises 'disgusting' £2,000-a-head holiday tours of former concentration camps and Hitler's HQ so people can 'make up their own mind about the truth'
- 72 history professors sign letter urging removal of Jefferson Davis statue from Kentucky Capitol
- 10 Years After Katrina, the Enduring Value of the Hurricane Digital Memory Bank
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans