P. S. If, like me, you've been missing his juiciness, Ambrose Hofstadter Bierce, III, at The Broad-Gauge Gossip, be sure to check out the new pretender to the history gossip throne: C. Vann Winchell at Nothing Recedes Like Success. In his (or her?) initial venture, CVW nominates likely high profile refugees from the UC-system's financial debacle.
comments powered by Disqus
Manan Ahmed - 12/7/2009
Ralph, you are an inspiration. Thank you for all that you do for the history blogosphere. We are indebted to you.
Jeremy Young - 12/7/2009
An outstanding achievement.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing