More Noted Things ...
Interviews: Some people keep a sense of humor, even under pressures of the job market and a telephone interview. Another Damned Medievalist isn't sure that"I give good phone." Wolfangel suggests that she try not to giggle if she's naked during the telephone interview.
Tenure -- Con and Pro: Victor Davis Hanson,"Reconsidering Tenure," Private Papers, 16 May; and Thomas C. Reeves,"Why Conservatives Should Support Tenure," HNN, 23 May. Brother Reeves still hasn't learned to do links and even Victor Davis Hanson understands the interactive capacity of the net better than Reeves, but if you just want to see two old warhorses going at it as if no one else mattered, this is a debate for you.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 5/24/2005
... than Hanson, but as far as I'm concerned they both missed the mark terribly. Perhaps it's the "two old warhorses" nature of the debate. Speaking of which, I added the Hanson link to Reeves' article, in my capacity as HNN Assistant Editor, as a service to our readers.
Anyway, Reeves is right about Hanson's arguments, but his own arguments in defense of tenure are pretty creaky. A little nuance, guys?
Sherman Jay Dorn - 5/23/2005
I've written elsewhere that KC is incorrect in generalizing and in blaming NCATE rather than the judgments of faculty at specific institutions (including Brooklyn College). Contrary to what some may claim, NCATE is neither a corporate lackey or an organization that mandates thought police.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”