PICTURES REVEAL OBAMA INSTINCTS
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 11/23/2009
Thank you for bringing the full context to my attention. I watched it carefully and am not sure I was wrong. He entered a room a bit prematurely. Everybody was soluting. He felt no inclination to join them. The protocol is one thing. His instincts are another. I may be wrong but I believe that just as bowing come naturally to him, the opposite is true about saluting. He will do it if he must (just as he will eat pancacks for breakfast) but it is not him.
Pam Siegfried - 11/18/2009
According to Snopes, the bottom picture of Obama is at a wreath laying for the Unknown Soldier while the band is playing "Hail to the Chief". So he is allowed to just stand. Doesn't mean I will vote for him or anything but that one time he is not out of line.
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?