PICTURES REVEAL OBAMA INSTINCTS
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 11/23/2009
Thank you for bringing the full context to my attention. I watched it carefully and am not sure I was wrong. He entered a room a bit prematurely. Everybody was soluting. He felt no inclination to join them. The protocol is one thing. His instincts are another. I may be wrong but I believe that just as bowing come naturally to him, the opposite is true about saluting. He will do it if he must (just as he will eat pancacks for breakfast) but it is not him.
Pam Siegfried - 11/18/2009
According to Snopes, the bottom picture of Obama is at a wreath laying for the Unknown Soldier while the band is playing "Hail to the Chief". So he is allowed to just stand. Doesn't mean I will vote for him or anything but that one time he is not out of line.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Tourism spot for Colonial Williamsburg shocks some New Yorkers during Super Bowl 50 for use of 9/11 attack footage
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Has one of Sally Hemings’s siblings been neglected by history unfairly?
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- American Historical Association protests Turkey’s crackdown on historians and other academics who signed a a petition critical of the Turkish government
- Israeli historian Yair Auron lays out details of a massacre in 1948