PICTURES REVEAL OBAMA INSTINCTS
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 11/23/2009
Thank you for bringing the full context to my attention. I watched it carefully and am not sure I was wrong. He entered a room a bit prematurely. Everybody was soluting. He felt no inclination to join them. The protocol is one thing. His instincts are another. I may be wrong but I believe that just as bowing come naturally to him, the opposite is true about saluting. He will do it if he must (just as he will eat pancacks for breakfast) but it is not him.
Pam Siegfried - 11/18/2009
According to Snopes, the bottom picture of Obama is at a wreath laying for the Unknown Soldier while the band is playing "Hail to the Chief". So he is allowed to just stand. Doesn't mean I will vote for him or anything but that one time he is not out of line.
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017