PICTURES REVEAL OBAMA INSTINCTS
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 11/23/2009
Thank you for bringing the full context to my attention. I watched it carefully and am not sure I was wrong. He entered a room a bit prematurely. Everybody was soluting. He felt no inclination to join them. The protocol is one thing. His instincts are another. I may be wrong but I believe that just as bowing come naturally to him, the opposite is true about saluting. He will do it if he must (just as he will eat pancacks for breakfast) but it is not him.
Pam Siegfried - 11/18/2009
According to Snopes, the bottom picture of Obama is at a wreath laying for the Unknown Soldier while the band is playing "Hail to the Chief". So he is allowed to just stand. Doesn't mean I will vote for him or anything but that one time he is not out of line.
- Moving Photographs of Japanese American Internees, Then and Now
- A One-of-a-Kind Trove Reveals What 19th-Century American Boyhood Was Really Like
- St. Louis University moves controversial statue after protests
- UNC Renames Building That Honored Ku Klux Klan Leader
- A Wartime Bomb, Unearthed in Germany, Recalls Darker Days
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize