ET TU, BILL BENNETT?!
At first, I thought he meant to point out how much more threatening the FBI considered Nozette than Hasan. It ran no sting operations against him! But no, Bennett merely wished to point out that both should have been treated equally!
Why the absurd comparison?
Because he is afraid that criticizing a Muslim, albeit a vile terrorist, without also criticizing a Jew (or at least an Israel supporter) would mark him as a subjective racist. In other words, he showed himself as politically correct as those he reviled. I wish I could laugh at the inanity of it all but I cannot.
I wrote him an email suggesting that a more apt comparison would be German, Italian and Japanese Americans during W.W.II. Indeed, there were plenty of instances of questionable loyalties amongst them. But, no, he stuck with the Jewish comparison as if it were Jewish religious fanatics who set out to destroy the Western world.
Why pick on Bill Bennett?
Because if Bill Bennette cannot see straight what can be expected of Bill Maher?
comments powered by Disqus
G. M. Roper - 11/11/2009
I cannot believe that one of my favorite columnists has succumbed to this vile trashing of language and attitude called Political Correctness. It really will be the death of us if we refuse to see that PC balkanizes us, and makes us easier to pick off.
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools