ET TU, BILL BENNETT?!
At first, I thought he meant to point out how much more threatening the FBI considered Nozette than Hasan. It ran no sting operations against him! But no, Bennett merely wished to point out that both should have been treated equally!
Why the absurd comparison?
Because he is afraid that criticizing a Muslim, albeit a vile terrorist, without also criticizing a Jew (or at least an Israel supporter) would mark him as a subjective racist. In other words, he showed himself as politically correct as those he reviled. I wish I could laugh at the inanity of it all but I cannot.
I wrote him an email suggesting that a more apt comparison would be German, Italian and Japanese Americans during W.W.II. Indeed, there were plenty of instances of questionable loyalties amongst them. But, no, he stuck with the Jewish comparison as if it were Jewish religious fanatics who set out to destroy the Western world.
Why pick on Bill Bennett?
Because if Bill Bennette cannot see straight what can be expected of Bill Maher?
comments powered by Disqus
G. M. Roper - 11/11/2009
I cannot believe that one of my favorite columnists has succumbed to this vile trashing of language and attitude called Political Correctness. It really will be the death of us if we refuse to see that PC balkanizes us, and makes us easier to pick off.
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades