Ronald Reagan on Communism
2. A man goes to the Soviet Bureau of Transportation to order an automobile. He completes all the various forms and pays, but when he gets to the last agency, he learns there is a 10-year wait. “Come back in 10 years,” the clerk says.
“Morning or afternoon?” the man asks.
“We’re talking about 10 years from now. What difference does it make?”
“The plumber is coming in the morning.”
3. A man goes to a store clerk in Moscow and asks for a kilogram of beef, half a kilogram of butter, and a quarter kilogram of coffee. “We’re all out,” the clerk says, and the man leaves. Another man, observing this incident, says to the clerk, “That old man must be crazy.” The clerk replies, “Yeah, but what a memory!”
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"