Ronald Reagan on Communism
2. A man goes to the Soviet Bureau of Transportation to order an automobile. He completes all the various forms and pays, but when he gets to the last agency, he learns there is a 10-year wait. “Come back in 10 years,” the clerk says.
“Morning or afternoon?” the man asks.
“We’re talking about 10 years from now. What difference does it make?”
“The plumber is coming in the morning.”
3. A man goes to a store clerk in Moscow and asks for a kilogram of beef, half a kilogram of butter, and a quarter kilogram of coffee. “We’re all out,” the clerk says, and the man leaves. Another man, observing this incident, says to the clerk, “That old man must be crazy.” The clerk replies, “Yeah, but what a memory!”
comments powered by Disqus
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes