Are The Brownies to Become Brownie Shirts?
Note: the actual guide/manual on the"Together We Prepare Patch" focuses on natural disasters nevertheless news reports indicateThe new patch will focus on being prepared for all sorts of emergencies, from fires and earthquakes to a flu pandemic or a dirty bomb. The alliance is with DHS (rather than, for example, the Salvation Army) makes such suspicions and, perhaps, the reality itself inevitable. The DHS was created after 9/11 to take charge of airport and border security, natural disaster response, anti-terrorism efforts and a host of surveillance and security programs. What are people supposed to think? The official answer, of course, is that we should trust the motives of government officials who wish to have even more children in uniform co-operating with and being taught to respect 'authority.' After all, those officials are running short of respect from other quarters. Something about practicing torture, an unConstitutional war (Iraq) and bloody occupation of a nation for its own 'good' (Afghanistan), the quashing of civil liberties like Habeas Corpus, no-warrant wiretaps on citizens, offshore prison camps where prisoners who've never seen a lawyer are 'debriefed' to the point of commiting suicide, taxpayer money dumped into the pockets of bankers and others in the 'old-boy' insider network... No wonder politicians are looking into the eyes of children for validation.
It is now time to become paranoid about Obama's plans for America's children because paranoia -- the belief"he is out to get me/us!" -- is the most reasonable interpretation of how government agencies are interfacing with kids. Consider a few examples:
A few months ago, The New York Times reported, The Explorers program, a coeducational affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America that began 60 years ago, is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence — an intense ratcheting up of one of the group’s longtime missions to prepare youths for more traditional jobs as police officers and firefighters. The training, which leaders say is not intended to be applied outside the simulated Explorer setting, can involve chasing down illegal border crossers as well as more dangerous situations that include facing down terrorists and taking out “active shooters,” like those who bring gunfire and death to college campuses. In a simulation here of a raid on a marijuana field, several Explorers were instructed on how to quiet an obstreperous lookout. “Put him on his face and put a knee in his back,” a Border Patrol agent explained. “I guarantee that he’ll shut up.” The article features a photo of boys who look to be about 14 and are dressed in swat team gear, holding faux assault weapons.
Last month USA Today ran a story entitled "Students' take-home assignment: Census kits" that stated, Anyone tempted to ignore the 2010 Census will have a tough time doing it — especially if they have kids in school. The government has launched Census in Schools, an all-out campaign targeting superintendents, principals, teachers, students and, indirectly, parents, as schools open across the nation this month and next. The message: The Census is coming and here’s why everyone should care. The goal is to send posters, teaching guides, maps and lesson plans to every school in the nation, Puerto Rico and U.S. island territories to encourage everyone to participate in the national count. The materials will land in more than 118,000 schools and reach 56 million students.
Obama is determined to use your children to force your compliance with his policies. Totalitarian government have long known that the best way to penetrate the privacy and sanctity of family/home is to have an embedded agent who eagerly acts as an enforcement arm of the state...even against family members.
Do not be lulled by the innocuous nature of Obama's recent address to school children. No one know what he would have said in the absence of the amazing and heartening cries of protest that came from parents and some educators. We do know how much he backpedalled on the prerelease etc. For example, the original 'homework' assignment was for every public school child in America to write an essay/letter on how he or she could help the President achieve his goals. In response to the uproar, the topic changed; every school child was asked to examine his or her short-term and long-term educational goals. It is only reasonable to wonder how much the speech itself was sanitized.
For more commentary, please visit wendymcelroy.com.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity