Gil Hoffman with unsurprising news - 4% of Israeli Jews: Obama pro-Israel down from 6%. Are American Jews listening?!
Michael Kelly, A Sober Look at Ted Kennedy
David Maddox reports:Medical advice on Libyan bomber 'in doubt' He may live more than 3 months. Hickory comments:
If it stinks like a fish, has scales like a fish, has fins like a fish.... it is fishy. Now the real story comes out. How's that oil deal going for ye Mr. Brown? And oh yes, is it gettin' a bit hot for ye Mr. MaCaskill? Do ye understand"Quid Pro Quo" boys?
John Rosenthal right on the money in , Inglorious Basterds: A German Fantasy, Not a ‘Jewish’ One
Hasn’t every Jew dreamt of bashing in the heads of Germans with a baseball bat à la Eli Roth’s “Sgt. Donny Donowitz”? Well … no. And by the way: Who could possibly think such a thing? The answer is not hard to find. The “avenging Jew” is indeed a kind of stock character of the German political imagination. It has been at least ever since a certain Dr. Joseph Goebbels announced to the German public in 1944 that “the Jew Morgenthau” — otherwise known as the American Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau — was planning to turn Germany into “one big potato farm” in the event of an Allied victory over the German Reich. The allusion was to the so-called Morgenthau Plan for restricting German industry following occupation. The Völkischer Beobachter (September 26, 1944) had a different name for the plan: “The Jew’s Murder Plan”…
Iranian defiance continues
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize