Gil Hoffman with unsurprising news - 4% of Israeli Jews: Obama pro-Israel down from 6%. Are American Jews listening?!
Michael Kelly, A Sober Look at Ted Kennedy
David Maddox reports:Medical advice on Libyan bomber 'in doubt' He may live more than 3 months. Hickory comments:
If it stinks like a fish, has scales like a fish, has fins like a fish.... it is fishy. Now the real story comes out. How's that oil deal going for ye Mr. Brown? And oh yes, is it gettin' a bit hot for ye Mr. MaCaskill? Do ye understand"Quid Pro Quo" boys?
John Rosenthal right on the money in , Inglorious Basterds: A German Fantasy, Not a ‘Jewish’ One
Hasn’t every Jew dreamt of bashing in the heads of Germans with a baseball bat à la Eli Roth’s “Sgt. Donny Donowitz”? Well … no. And by the way: Who could possibly think such a thing? The answer is not hard to find. The “avenging Jew” is indeed a kind of stock character of the German political imagination. It has been at least ever since a certain Dr. Joseph Goebbels announced to the German public in 1944 that “the Jew Morgenthau” — otherwise known as the American Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau — was planning to turn Germany into “one big potato farm” in the event of an Allied victory over the German Reich. The allusion was to the so-called Morgenthau Plan for restricting German industry following occupation. The Völkischer Beobachter (September 26, 1944) had a different name for the plan: “The Jew’s Murder Plan”…
Iranian defiance continues
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?