Gil Hoffman with unsurprising news - 4% of Israeli Jews: Obama pro-Israel down from 6%. Are American Jews listening?!
Michael Kelly, A Sober Look at Ted Kennedy
David Maddox reports:Medical advice on Libyan bomber 'in doubt' He may live more than 3 months. Hickory comments:
If it stinks like a fish, has scales like a fish, has fins like a fish.... it is fishy. Now the real story comes out. How's that oil deal going for ye Mr. Brown? And oh yes, is it gettin' a bit hot for ye Mr. MaCaskill? Do ye understand"Quid Pro Quo" boys?
John Rosenthal right on the money in , Inglorious Basterds: A German Fantasy, Not a ‘Jewish’ One
Hasn’t every Jew dreamt of bashing in the heads of Germans with a baseball bat à la Eli Roth’s “Sgt. Donny Donowitz”? Well … no. And by the way: Who could possibly think such a thing? The answer is not hard to find. The “avenging Jew” is indeed a kind of stock character of the German political imagination. It has been at least ever since a certain Dr. Joseph Goebbels announced to the German public in 1944 that “the Jew Morgenthau” — otherwise known as the American Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau — was planning to turn Germany into “one big potato farm” in the event of an Allied victory over the German Reich. The allusion was to the so-called Morgenthau Plan for restricting German industry following occupation. The Völkischer Beobachter (September 26, 1944) had a different name for the plan: “The Jew’s Murder Plan”…
Iranian defiance continues
comments powered by Disqus
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017