Iraq Still Isn't an Election Issue
comments powered by Disqus
Matthew Humphreys - 4/30/2005
I'm at a loss to explain why, but the link above seems to bring up a 404 error.
Here's the relevant url:
Matthew Humphreys - 4/29/2005
Interesting article. I don't think there was ever any chance of a serious deabte over the war itself, if only because many on both sides are pretty hypocritical IMHO (the leftists wouldn't have had a problem with the invasion if it had been for humanitarian grounds, the Conservatives here raise questions over Blair's honesty about the legal position while still supporting the war).
On a more general note, all this fallout over Blair's (formerly) secret memo from the Attorney General has been fascinating to watch over here. As it stands both sides are still claiming to be right.
I have an entry about the whole thing on my own blog for anyone who is interested.
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum