Iraq Still Isn't an Election Issue
comments powered by Disqus
Matthew Humphreys - 4/30/2005
I'm at a loss to explain why, but the link above seems to bring up a 404 error.
Here's the relevant url:
Matthew Humphreys - 4/29/2005
Interesting article. I don't think there was ever any chance of a serious deabte over the war itself, if only because many on both sides are pretty hypocritical IMHO (the leftists wouldn't have had a problem with the invasion if it had been for humanitarian grounds, the Conservatives here raise questions over Blair's honesty about the legal position while still supporting the war).
On a more general note, all this fallout over Blair's (formerly) secret memo from the Attorney General has been fascinating to watch over here. As it stands both sides are still claiming to be right.
I have an entry about the whole thing on my own blog for anyone who is interested.
- Oxford students to get exam on non-white, non-European history
- This is why presidents want back channels and how it can go wrong
- Few in St. Louis Knew Confederate Memorial Existed. Now, Many Want It Gone.
- This is why presidents want backchannels and how it can go wrong
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to be blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- No, Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- General McMaster, Step Down—and Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election