"Kind of Blue"
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Jarrett - 8/24/2009
I don't take the MC5 that seriously, but they covered Sun Ra and he was, in some sense, experimental jazz as was Davis, I could imagine no more likely meeting point between our two posts.
Did Sun Ra take Sun Ra seriously, even? I'd have said not.
Ralph E. Luker - 8/23/2009
You take Sun Ra seriously? I don't think he has much continuing public audience or influence among musicians.
Jonathan Jarrett - 8/22/2009
Next poster needs to post a Sun Ra video to broker a compromise :-)
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”