"Kind of Blue"
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Jarrett - 8/24/2009
I don't take the MC5 that seriously, but they covered Sun Ra and he was, in some sense, experimental jazz as was Davis, I could imagine no more likely meeting point between our two posts.
Did Sun Ra take Sun Ra seriously, even? I'd have said not.
Ralph E. Luker - 8/23/2009
You take Sun Ra seriously? I don't think he has much continuing public audience or influence among musicians.
Jonathan Jarrett - 8/22/2009
Next poster needs to post a Sun Ra video to broker a compromise :-)
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Puts Trump's Health Care Defeat In Historical Perspective
- Christina Vella, Author of Sizzling Works of Narrative History, Dies at 75
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school