More Noted Things
"A very special business angel," Economist, 13 August, and Dwight Garner,"Fox Hunter, Party Animal, Leftist Warrior," NYT, 18 August, review Tristram Hunt's Marx's General: The Revolutionary Life of Friedrich Engels.
Patricia Cohen,"A Pivotal Year and a Springboard to the '60s," NYT, 17 August, reviews Fred Kaplan's 1959: The Year Everything Changed.
Janet Maslin,"On American Shores, a Wave of Immigrants Smuggled in From China," NYT, 16 August, reviews Patrick Radden Keefe's The Snakehead: An Epic Tale of the Chinatown Underworld and the American Dream.
Orlando Patterson,"Race and Diversity in the Age of Obama," NYT, 14 August, finds African Americans as segregated as ever in American private life.
comments powered by Disqus
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race