BRITISH ACADEMICS CHOSING TO BASH HAIFA UNIVERSITY OF ALL PLACES
This is too stupid for words, one of the two Israeli universities targeted by the British Academic Boycott is that of Haifa University.
Approximately, 30% of the student on campus are Israeli Arabs (Palestinians, if you wish) and the fact that the place was not in the news even during the worse days of the intifada proves that"The Haifa University, more than any other institute of advances learning in Israel, is in essence a multi-cultural university. This fact offers it an opportunity and a challenge as a research institute and as a leader in education in general and in liberal and social arts in general and in education in particular.
The Jewish Arab Center (JAC) was established back in the 1970's, to help provide answers to the socio- academic needs of the University’s Arab students and to contribute to mutual understanding between Jews and Arabs on campus and in Israeli society at large.
The center provides the roof for conducting various studies, conferences, symposia, seminars, lectures, discussions, and publications. It brings together researchers from different disciplines from Israel, neighboring countries, The Palestinian Authority, Jordan, Egypt, as well as from Morocco, Europe and the U.S.A." For more, click here.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton