BRITISH ACADEMICS CHOSING TO BASH HAIFA UNIVERSITY OF ALL PLACES
This is too stupid for words, one of the two Israeli universities targeted by the British Academic Boycott is that of Haifa University.
Approximately, 30% of the student on campus are Israeli Arabs (Palestinians, if you wish) and the fact that the place was not in the news even during the worse days of the intifada proves that"The Haifa University, more than any other institute of advances learning in Israel, is in essence a multi-cultural university. This fact offers it an opportunity and a challenge as a research institute and as a leader in education in general and in liberal and social arts in general and in education in particular.
The Jewish Arab Center (JAC) was established back in the 1970's, to help provide answers to the socio- academic needs of the University’s Arab students and to contribute to mutual understanding between Jews and Arabs on campus and in Israeli society at large.
The center provides the roof for conducting various studies, conferences, symposia, seminars, lectures, discussions, and publications. It brings together researchers from different disciplines from Israel, neighboring countries, The Palestinian Authority, Jordan, Egypt, as well as from Morocco, Europe and the U.S.A." For more, click here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"