Happy 85th, Thomas Szasz!
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 4/24/2005
About five years ago, I gave a toast to Dr. Szasz at a CLASSical Liberals of Las Vegas meeting. He is one of our great sources of wisdom and has framed a paradigm in understanding psychiatry and psychological issues which is of incomparable value to us all.
His body of work has challenged us all to improve our understanding of theory, society and, most of all, ourselves. We all should read his writings from "The Manufacture of Madness" to his most recent writings on freedom!
And a toast to Szasz!
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing