Gun Self-Defense Blog
Man Fights Back Against Would-Be RobberI found this one a little unsettling, though:
A Montgomery man fights back against a would-be robber... and wins.
Police say a deacon from Mount Olive Bapist went to the Normandale Compass Bank to deposit the church's offerings when a man approached him. The man then allegedly knocked the deacon down, took the money and started running away.
The suspect, however, was in for a surprise. The deacon was carrying more than a money bag to the bank... he was carrying a loaded gun. He began firing at the suspect, who slipped, fell to the ground and dropped the cash. When the robber went to retrieve the bag, the deacon threatened to shoot him if he touched it.
The suspect ran away.
Police Look for Victim Turned Shooter in Northeast
A would-be carjacking victim in Maryland turned the tables on his alleged attackers by pulling out a gun and shooting them.
The driver shot one teenager in the stomach, and had a bullet graze the face of the other.
Police in Prince George's County believe the carjacking attempt and shooting took place on Route 450. They believe the teens then drove to a Northeast D.C. housing project, where they claimed to have been shot during a robbery.
But investigators soon learned the truth.
Police spokesman Corporal Joe Merkel says both suspects are believed to be 16. A lot less is known about the shooter.
Among the things they want to know is exactly what happened -- and whether the gun is legal.
It seems to me that P.G. County cops--who until recently had the the among the worst records for police brutality and unjustified shootings in the U.S.--have better things to do than pursue a citizen who from all appearances, used a gun justifiably in self-defense.
comments powered by Disqus
John C. Smith - 8/13/2005
That sounds good that cops become to be more tolerant towards self-defenders.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Researchers Find More Women Buried At Stonehenge Than Men
- Tourism spot for Colonial Williamsburg shocks some New Yorkers during Super Bowl 50 for use of 9/11 attack footage
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- American Historical Association protests Turkey’s crackdown on historians and other academics who signed a a petition critical of the Turkish government