I have a special place in my heart for the Baha'i. I grew up down the block from their gorgeous Haifa shrine and often visited their amazing gardens on Saturdays. The Muslims consider them apostates and they are badly persecuted in Iran.
This week they won their battle to be permitted to register as not Muslims, Christians of Jews in Egypt. The debate that preceded that achievement should be of interest:
Transcript to be found here
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history