I have a special place in my heart for the Baha'i. I grew up down the block from their gorgeous Haifa shrine and often visited their amazing gardens on Saturdays. The Muslims consider them apostates and they are badly persecuted in Iran.
This week they won their battle to be permitted to register as not Muslims, Christians of Jews in Egypt. The debate that preceded that achievement should be of interest:
Transcript to be found here
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?