I have a special place in my heart for the Baha'i. I grew up down the block from their gorgeous Haifa shrine and often visited their amazing gardens on Saturdays. The Muslims consider them apostates and they are badly persecuted in Iran.
This week they won their battle to be permitted to register as not Muslims, Christians of Jews in Egypt. The debate that preceded that achievement should be of interest:
Transcript to be found here
comments powered by Disqus
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- $35 million Book of Mormon manuscript sale called the ‘biggest game-changer in Mormon history’
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.