AHMADINEJAD INAGURATED, PROTEST UNABATED
Ahmadinejad sworn in but as the Economist notes, the battle is far from over BECAUSE the Iranian people refues to be silenced.
Not wishing to alienate the Iranian population (which is mad as is) France, Britain, Italy and Germany have decided not to congratulate Ahmadinejad on his re-election and EVEN the Obama administration has decide to eat its words:
THE White House performed an embarrassing retreat yesterday, withdrawing its description of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as Iran's"elected leader" the day after he was sworn in for his second term.
"Let me correct a little bit what I said yesterday," Robert Gibbs, President Barack Obama's spokesman, said as thousands of Iranian riot police beat back protesters outside the inauguration ceremony in Tehran.
"Whether any election was fair ... we'll let (the Iranian people) decide about that."
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made further amends for an error that reflected the West's dilemma as it seeks to engage with Iran's new government over its nuclear program.
She expressed admiration for the opposition's" continuing resistance" to what was widely regarded as a fraudulent election and the brutal crackdown that followed.
As everybody in the know know, she has been well muzzled, her words means she got permission to talk.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity