A Breath of Fresh Air in the Schiavo Case
comments powered by Disqus
Sheldon Richman - 3/26/2005
Interesting. At least the state forces backed down.
John Arthur Shaffer - 3/26/2005
Jeb tried to send in the stormtroopers:
The one good thing to come out of all this is that Jeb pretty much has toasted his chance of being President. For that the republic should be thankful.
Tom G Palmer - 3/26/2005
I was also struck by that comment. Some had been urging the governor to send in the police (as some right-wingers had urged his brother to send in the federal marshalls) and the governor said that....there are limits on his powers! Amazing.
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools