comments powered by Disqus
M.D. Fulwiler - 3/27/2005
Studies have shown that a non-smoker will inhale the same amount of smoke that a smoker does by smoking one cigarette if he spends 200 hours in a very smoky bar. Clearly, secondhand smoke poses only the most minimal amount of risk, if it poses any risk at all. It still stinks and is unpleasant, but that's another issue.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean