Back from Crawford
Just one question.
Did he interrupt his Crawford vacation when he got that PDB warning that bin Laden was trying to attack he United States?
comments powered by Disqus
HNN - 4/4/2005
I caught Frank Rich's column, too and was glad to see him making the same point (and for presumably a larger audience!).
Jonathan Rick - 4/4/2005
Similar thoughts from Frank Rich, in his March 27 column, "The God Racket, from DeMille To DeLay":
"The same Mr. Bush who couldn’t be bothered to interrupt his vacation during the darkening summer of 2001, not even when he received a briefing titled 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.,' flew from his Crawford ranch to Washington to sign Congress’s Schiavo bill into law. The bill could have been flown to him in Texas, but his ceremonial arrival and departure by helicopter on the White House lawn allowed him to showboat as if he had just landed on the deck of an aircraft carrier. Within hours he turned Ms. Schiavo into a slick applause line at a Social Security rally. 'It is wise to always err on the side of life,' he said, wisdom that apparently had not occurred to him in 1999, when he mocked the failed pleas for clemency of Karla Faye Tucker, the born-again Texas death-row inmate, in a magazine interview with Tucker Carlson."
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?