Social Security's Malign Premise
comments powered by Disqus
Ross Kaminsky - 3/21/2005
If liberals (and democrats) really understood what Social Security does to low-income workers and minorities they'd be screaming for personal accounts. The problem is that politics and not economics are driving this discussion with unions and Democrats desperate to keep people addicted to government.
I just wrote a long piece about why liberals should support personal accounts which you can see on my blog at http://blog.rossputin.com
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Harvard’s Nancy Cott says the conservatives in the gay marriage case have a stilted idea of the history of marriage
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.