Making a Federal Case
comments powered by Disqus
Jason Kuznicki - 3/18/2005
Under doctors' supervision, ordinary people use steroids all the time, to deal with pain and inflamation, to speed healing after surgery, and to correct hormonal imbalances. I take a daily steroid for asthma, as do many other Americans.
Perhaps because steroids help me to breathe, I may be less afraid of them than most. But why is "getting better at baseball" any different from these other reasons?
Aeon J. Skoble - 3/18/2005
Just how much micro-managing does the anti-trust exemption entitle the feds to have? In any case, maybe now is the time to push for separation of sport and state.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/18/2005
Mostly, I think, because of the substantial federal legislation which already governs the business of baseball. That's the legitimate answer....
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity