Health Care in Castro's Cuba
According to this website, the following photos were taken recently at a Havana hospital that Castro has praised as one of the"most modern in Cuba." The first shows roaches on the hospital floor that were smashed by the shoes of patients and family members, the one in the middle is a curtain next to the bed of a patient getting an IV (the black specks are flies!), and the one on the right is a sink used by doctors who treat samples taken from orthopedic patients.
The first shows roaches on the hospital floor that were smashed by the shoes of patients and family members, the one in the middle is a curtain next to the bed of a patient getting an IV (the black specks are flies!), and the one on the right is a sink used by doctors who treat samples taken from orthopedic patients.
comments powered by Disqus
James Otteson - 3/17/2005
The same site David points us towards also references Forbes Magazine's recent report that Castro is worth $550,000,000. The link for that is http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/. (Click on "Royals and Rulers.")
Mark Brady - 3/17/2005
This is all the more reason for the U.S. to abolish economic sanctions against Cuba with immediate effect.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges