Who Said This
Anthony D. Romero current Executive Director of the ACLU.
When I was a teenager one of my favortite programs was the Firing Line Debates hosted by William F. Buckley. The only time I ever disagreed with him was on the question of whether the ACLU did more harm than good. Now, I know that the ACLU is a far from perfect organization. But I firmly believe they do far more good (see here) than harm and I offer the above quote as a part of my justification for that position.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 8/1/2009
Despite its problems, I've always had a soft spot for the ACLU. When Carter imposed draft registration, the Minnesota libertarians worked closely with them and always found them to be sensible. In fact, the local head of ACLU warned against working with the hard-left organizations on campus, warning that they could not be trusted. He also very much wanted to recruit conservatives who were anti-draft.
pacific_waters - 7/31/2009
Nice words but the proof is in what he construes to be injustice
- 'Sexist' Paris streets renamed in the name of feminism
- NYT profiles a path-breaking transgender pioneer who became a judge
- CIA Plans Huge Release of Top-Secret Reports From the 1960s
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”