Who Said This
Anthony D. Romero current Executive Director of the ACLU.
When I was a teenager one of my favortite programs was the Firing Line Debates hosted by William F. Buckley. The only time I ever disagreed with him was on the question of whether the ACLU did more harm than good. Now, I know that the ACLU is a far from perfect organization. But I firmly believe they do far more good (see here) than harm and I offer the above quote as a part of my justification for that position.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 7/31/2009
Despite its problems, I've always had a soft spot for the ACLU. When Carter imposed draft registration, the Minnesota libertarians worked closely with them and always found them to be sensible. In fact, the local head of ACLU warned against working with the hard-left organizations on campus, warning that they could not be trusted. He also very much wanted to recruit conservatives who were anti-draft.
pacific_waters - 7/30/2009
Nice words but the proof is in what he construes to be injustice
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit