What Obama Should Have Said About the Gates Arrest
Of course, had Obama done this, it might also interfere with the discretion of federal law enforcement officers under his authority to do the same thing.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 7/26/2009
dg lesvic - 7/26/2009
Congratulations. That's the first intelligent commentary I have seen on this whole disgusting incident.
David T. Beito - 7/25/2009
Good point...but it would have made more sense not to bring up the second part at all. By doing so, he shifted the focus from where it should have been: the general issue of police abuse.
Jonathan Dresner - 7/24/2009
"I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately. That's just a fact."
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic