Changing Politics, Changing Culture
At"Not a Blog," I posted some musings on neoconservative ideology, and the nature of political and cultural change. As I state in my conclusion:
I am in full agreement with the neoconservatives ... that a freer world is more desirable and that it is a necessary (though not sufficient) ingredient in the creation of a more secure world; my fundamental problem with the neocons is that they do not understand the complex conditions that foster either freedom or security.
Read the whole post here.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 3/2/2005
Classic comment spam. It's gone, and the account is blocked. One good thing about our comment registration system: it's both a bit complicated for auto-commenters and distinct enough that someone has to target it specifically, which just doesn't happen much. I don't think we'll see a flood anytime soon.
HNN Assistant Editor
ivan petrovskki - 3/2/2005
You might want to check out some useful information on http://carisoprodol.esmartbuyer.com
Jason Kuznicki - 3/2/2005
Yes it is. And presumably the administrator can delete it. If not, then we'd best prepare for a flood of it; this one message may be only a trial balloon.
Aeon J. Skoble - 3/2/2005
Is the previous comment what is knomn as "comment spam"? If so, can anything be done?
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 3/2/2005
Hey, Sheldon, thanks!
Sheldon Richman - 3/2/2005
Excellent, Chris! You've got the neocons nailed.
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award