Changing Politics, Changing Culture
At"Not a Blog," I posted some musings on neoconservative ideology, and the nature of political and cultural change. As I state in my conclusion:
I am in full agreement with the neoconservatives ... that a freer world is more desirable and that it is a necessary (though not sufficient) ingredient in the creation of a more secure world; my fundamental problem with the neocons is that they do not understand the complex conditions that foster either freedom or security.
Read the whole post here.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 3/2/2005
Classic comment spam. It's gone, and the account is blocked. One good thing about our comment registration system: it's both a bit complicated for auto-commenters and distinct enough that someone has to target it specifically, which just doesn't happen much. I don't think we'll see a flood anytime soon.
HNN Assistant Editor
ivan petrovskki - 3/2/2005
You might want to check out some useful information on http://carisoprodol.esmartbuyer.com
Jason Kuznicki - 3/2/2005
Yes it is. And presumably the administrator can delete it. If not, then we'd best prepare for a flood of it; this one message may be only a trial balloon.
Aeon J. Skoble - 3/2/2005
Is the previous comment what is knomn as "comment spam"? If so, can anything be done?
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 3/2/2005
Hey, Sheldon, thanks!
Sheldon Richman - 3/2/2005
Excellent, Chris! You've got the neocons nailed.
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Highlights of the recent Oral History Association Meeting
- Rick Perlstein response to Sam Tanenhaus's complaint that he's an aggregator
- Thai historian faces charges for daring to challenge a story about a royal king
- It's Rick Perlstein vs. Judith Stein in a Three Round Fight
- Park Honan, a Biographer of Authors, Is Dead at 86