IRAN NEWS: GIRL GETS 100 LASHES FOR SEX - HER MALE PARTNERS ONLY 50
Ebadi's Nobel prize gives her only a partial protection Ebadi complains to Khatami:
"I have been summoned for trial on February 23, without knowing what the new charge is and what will be the fate of this case," she was quoted as writing to reformist President Mohammad Khatami.
Ebadi was also said to have told Khatami she had been subjected to a string of death threats, and the culprits had been arrested and jailed but recently released. She also said her home had suffered several attempted break-ins.
Further more, she said that the judiciary were refusing to return her house deeds, posted as bail in a case that dates back more than five years.
Ebadi also wrote to Khatami to protest what she said were attempts during the past two months by unidentified people -- trying to pass themsleves off as police -- to raid her offices and arrest her staff members.
Iran's judiciary said that summons concerned a private complaint of"insult" and that the case would be investigated fully before any court action was taken, but the identity of the plaintiff has not been revealed, and it is not clear if the new summons is related to the same case.
The regime is getting nervous. See, Forces unable to control Tehran uprising lasting more than 6 hours.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea