IRAN NEWS: GIRL GETS 100 LASHES FOR SEX - HER MALE PARTNERS ONLY 50
Ebadi's Nobel prize gives her only a partial protection Ebadi complains to Khatami:
"I have been summoned for trial on February 23, without knowing what the new charge is and what will be the fate of this case," she was quoted as writing to reformist President Mohammad Khatami.
Ebadi was also said to have told Khatami she had been subjected to a string of death threats, and the culprits had been arrested and jailed but recently released. She also said her home had suffered several attempted break-ins.
Further more, she said that the judiciary were refusing to return her house deeds, posted as bail in a case that dates back more than five years.
Ebadi also wrote to Khatami to protest what she said were attempts during the past two months by unidentified people -- trying to pass themsleves off as police -- to raid her offices and arrest her staff members.
Iran's judiciary said that summons concerned a private complaint of"insult" and that the case would be investigated fully before any court action was taken, but the identity of the plaintiff has not been revealed, and it is not clear if the new summons is related to the same case.
The regime is getting nervous. See, Forces unable to control Tehran uprising lasting more than 6 hours.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit