Recommended Reading ...
Hilary Andersson,"Born To Be a Slave in Niger," BBC. 11 Feb. Although slavery was outlawed last year in Niger, slaves are eight percent of its population. Andersson introduces you to Assibit and Fatima, who inherited their status as slaves.
Andrew Meier,"Burnt Offerings," Financial Times, 19 Feb. On the Tulsa, Oklahoma, race riot of 1921 and the current legal struggle for reparations. Thanks to Chris Bertram at Crooked Timber for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook