Fund Raising Human Rights Watch Style
Bernstein also quotes Nathan Wagner at Opinio Juris saying that, “surely there is a moral difference between raising funds in free nations through appeals to ideals of universal human rights and raising money in repressive nations through appeals highlighting pressure brought against their enemies.”
Cross posted on The Trebach Report
comments powered by Disqus
Davd Bernstein - 7/20/2009
RL, you are quite the wit. Too bad you don't understand the basic libertarian distinction between criticism (as I criticized HRW) for saying something or doing something one finds stupid or objectionable and punishing someone through government action for saying or doing something objectionable (the subject of my book).
RL - 7/19/2009
"You Can't Say That...About Israel. NO! I REALLY MEAN IT!! You CAN'T SAY THAT!!!"
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean