Fund Raising Human Rights Watch Style
Bernstein also quotes Nathan Wagner at Opinio Juris saying that, “surely there is a moral difference between raising funds in free nations through appeals to ideals of universal human rights and raising money in repressive nations through appeals highlighting pressure brought against their enemies.”
Cross posted on The Trebach Report
comments powered by Disqus
Davd Bernstein - 7/20/2009
RL, you are quite the wit. Too bad you don't understand the basic libertarian distinction between criticism (as I criticized HRW) for saying something or doing something one finds stupid or objectionable and punishing someone through government action for saying or doing something objectionable (the subject of my book).
RL - 7/19/2009
"You Can't Say That...About Israel. NO! I REALLY MEAN IT!! You CAN'T SAY THAT!!!"
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free