Fund Raising Human Rights Watch Style
Bernstein also quotes Nathan Wagner at Opinio Juris saying that, “surely there is a moral difference between raising funds in free nations through appeals to ideals of universal human rights and raising money in repressive nations through appeals highlighting pressure brought against their enemies.”
Cross posted on The Trebach Report
comments powered by Disqus
Davd Bernstein - 7/20/2009
RL, you are quite the wit. Too bad you don't understand the basic libertarian distinction between criticism (as I criticized HRW) for saying something or doing something one finds stupid or objectionable and punishing someone through government action for saying or doing something objectionable (the subject of my book).
RL - 7/19/2009
"You Can't Say That...About Israel. NO! I REALLY MEAN IT!! You CAN'T SAY THAT!!!"
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history