I simply have been too demoralized by the extravaganza to summon up the energy to blog.
Every shallow inclination of the modern media has been on display.
But you don't need me to point this out.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 7/14/2009
I happened to be with a few undergraduates when the media started speculating about MJ's apparently imminent demise. They found the coverage--in particular the utterly vacuous videos of Never-Neverland's front gates--ridiculous.
I'm not saying they didn't watch. They also texted, surfed, talked to parents and had news of MJ's demise well before CNN made it official.
But they weren't being empty headed either. They knew it wasn't news. If only I was certain that CNN, Fox, et al. knew that, too.
MJCIV - 7/13/2009
Michael Jackson died?
Josh - 7/13/2009
And by the very same shallow modern media that ceaselessly and viciously attacked him only several years ago!
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit