I simply have been too demoralized by the extravaganza to summon up the energy to blog.
Every shallow inclination of the modern media has been on display.
But you don't need me to point this out.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 7/14/2009
I happened to be with a few undergraduates when the media started speculating about MJ's apparently imminent demise. They found the coverage--in particular the utterly vacuous videos of Never-Neverland's front gates--ridiculous.
I'm not saying they didn't watch. They also texted, surfed, talked to parents and had news of MJ's demise well before CNN made it official.
But they weren't being empty headed either. They knew it wasn't news. If only I was certain that CNN, Fox, et al. knew that, too.
MJCIV - 7/13/2009
Michael Jackson died?
Josh - 7/13/2009
And by the very same shallow modern media that ceaselessly and viciously attacked him only several years ago!
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history