I simply have been too demoralized by the extravaganza to summon up the energy to blog.
Every shallow inclination of the modern media has been on display.
But you don't need me to point this out.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 7/14/2009
I happened to be with a few undergraduates when the media started speculating about MJ's apparently imminent demise. They found the coverage--in particular the utterly vacuous videos of Never-Neverland's front gates--ridiculous.
I'm not saying they didn't watch. They also texted, surfed, talked to parents and had news of MJ's demise well before CNN made it official.
But they weren't being empty headed either. They knew it wasn't news. If only I was certain that CNN, Fox, et al. knew that, too.
MJCIV - 7/13/2009
Michael Jackson died?
Josh - 7/13/2009
And by the very same shallow modern media that ceaselessly and viciously attacked him only several years ago!
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?