I simply have been too demoralized by the extravaganza to summon up the energy to blog.
Every shallow inclination of the modern media has been on display.
But you don't need me to point this out.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 7/14/2009
I happened to be with a few undergraduates when the media started speculating about MJ's apparently imminent demise. They found the coverage--in particular the utterly vacuous videos of Never-Neverland's front gates--ridiculous.
I'm not saying they didn't watch. They also texted, surfed, talked to parents and had news of MJ's demise well before CNN made it official.
But they weren't being empty headed either. They knew it wasn't news. If only I was certain that CNN, Fox, et al. knew that, too.
MJCIV - 7/13/2009
Michael Jackson died?
Josh - 7/13/2009
And by the very same shallow modern media that ceaselessly and viciously attacked him only several years ago!
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95