I simply have been too demoralized by the extravaganza to summon up the energy to blog.
Every shallow inclination of the modern media has been on display.
But you don't need me to point this out.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 7/14/2009
I happened to be with a few undergraduates when the media started speculating about MJ's apparently imminent demise. They found the coverage--in particular the utterly vacuous videos of Never-Neverland's front gates--ridiculous.
I'm not saying they didn't watch. They also texted, surfed, talked to parents and had news of MJ's demise well before CNN made it official.
But they weren't being empty headed either. They knew it wasn't news. If only I was certain that CNN, Fox, et al. knew that, too.
MJCIV - 7/13/2009
Michael Jackson died?
Josh - 7/13/2009
And by the very same shallow modern media that ceaselessly and viciously attacked him only several years ago!
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller