July 10, 2009: Obama's First 4th in the White House, Bush Celebrates in OK., Obamas Meeting in Moscow, & G-8 Summit
THE OBAMA PRESIDENCY:
IN FOCUS: STATS
ELECTIONS 2010, 2012....
Gen. Colin Powell expresses alarm about Obama spending: In an interview to be broadcast on CNN's"State of the Union with John King" Sunday, July 5, 2009, Powell expressed concern that Obama's ambitious iniatives may be enlarging the size of government and that the federal debt it too much. He said:"I'm concerned at the number of programs that are being presented, the bills associated with these programs and the additional government that will be needed to execute them." Powell also said that, in regard to Obama's spending;"...And we can't pay for it all." - Examiner.com, 7-3-09
comments powered by Disqus
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller