July 10, 2009: Obama's First 4th in the White House, Bush Celebrates in OK., Obamas Meeting in Moscow, & G-8 Summit
THE OBAMA PRESIDENCY:
IN FOCUS: STATS
ELECTIONS 2010, 2012....
Gen. Colin Powell expresses alarm about Obama spending: In an interview to be broadcast on CNN's"State of the Union with John King" Sunday, July 5, 2009, Powell expressed concern that Obama's ambitious iniatives may be enlarging the size of government and that the federal debt it too much. He said:"I'm concerned at the number of programs that are being presented, the bills associated with these programs and the additional government that will be needed to execute them." Powell also said that, in regard to Obama's spending;"...And we can't pay for it all." - Examiner.com, 7-3-09
comments powered by Disqus
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes