July 10, 2009: Obama's First 4th in the White House, Bush Celebrates in OK., Obamas Meeting in Moscow, & G-8 Summit
THE OBAMA PRESIDENCY:
IN FOCUS: STATS
ELECTIONS 2010, 2012....
Gen. Colin Powell expresses alarm about Obama spending: In an interview to be broadcast on CNN's"State of the Union with John King" Sunday, July 5, 2009, Powell expressed concern that Obama's ambitious iniatives may be enlarging the size of government and that the federal debt it too much. He said:"I'm concerned at the number of programs that are being presented, the bills associated with these programs and the additional government that will be needed to execute them." Powell also said that, in regard to Obama's spending;"...And we can't pay for it all." - Examiner.com, 7-3-09
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)